Hingham Estate Planning and Elder Law Attorneys
Hingham Attorneys Help You Create a Plan for the Future
Estate planning is an umbrella term that covers several different types of law. Probate law, estate tax law and MassHealth law are just a few types of law involved. Some of the important tools used in planning are listed below.
- Trusts: Trusts are a way to distribute assets before or after death. A trust is an arrangement that gives a trustee the power to hold your assets for the benefit of a beneficiary. You have full control over how the trust is set up and who the beneficiaries are.
- Wills: A will is a legal document that arranges for the distribution of your assets upon your death. Wills can also contain instructions like your preferred burial site or funeral home.
- Healthcare Proxies, Advanced Directives, Living Wills: When you are not able to make your own medical decisions, these documents identify steps to take and the individuals who can make such decisions.
- Durable Power of Attorney: A durable power of attorney in Massachusetts is a document that designates someone to act as an agent on your behalf.
- Guardianships and Conservatorships: Guardianships are arrangements for your care once you become unable to make decisions for yourself. Guardians are appointed by the court and are responsible for your care. The person appointed to be in charge of your assets and finances is called a conservator.
- Nursing Home and Long –Term Care Planning: There are several nursing homes in Hingham that provide long-term residential care. The best nursing home for you can depend on if you qualify for MassHealth or veteran’s services.
- Personal Care Contracts: These are legal agreements between you and a caretaker who will be paid to assist you at home. These arrangements allow you to continue living in the comfort of your own home and community. Your caretaker can be an adult child or relative.
At Baker Law Group, an experienced Hingham attorney will help you to create or revise your estate planning documents so that they best fit your needs. The first consultation is complimentary.
Elder Law Planning
Elder law involves putting a plan in place for issues that may arise due to aging. A Hingham elder law attorney can consult with you to create an elder plan that is uniquely designed to meet your future needs. With an elder plan in place, you can enjoy your time and eliminate worry about your future care and finances.
At Baker Law Group, our experienced Hingham elder law attorneys will create an arrangement for navigating elder law issues including, but not limited to:
- Physical or mental incapacity
- Protecting your home
- Veteran’s services
- Paying for long-term care and nursing home care
- MassHealth applications (Medicare) and eligibility
Contact a Hingham Attorney Today
Be Prepared. It is important to plan ahead because you can never be certain of the future.
Our attorneys have years of experience creating estate and elder plans. Our Hingham office serves Hingham, Norwell, Cohasset, Scituate and other surrounding towns. Contact the Baker Law Group today.
To Schedule a free initial consultation:
800-701-0352 Call Toll Free