Hingham Elder Law Attorneys
Hingham Elder Law Attorneys Help You Create a Plan for the Future
As you grow older, you may increasingly need to rely on others for help completing everyday tasks. By creating an elder plan, you can be sure that you will get the kind of help you want and need when you do start to age. Elder law involves putting a plan in place for issues that may arise due to aging. A Hingham elder law attorney can consult with you to create an elder plan that is uniquely designed to meet your future needs.
Hingham Elder Law Planning
Hingham is a beautiful city on the ocean that is perfect for retirement and relaxing in old age. With an elder plan in place, you can enjoy your time and eliminate worry about your future care and finances. At Baker Law Group, our experienced Hingham elder law attorneys will work with those residing in Norwell, Cohasset, Scituate and other towns surrounding Hingham, as well as your family members, to create an arrangement for navigating elder law issues including, but not limited to:
- Physical or mental incapacitation
- Veteran’s Services
- Paying for long-term care and nursing home care
- MassHealth Applications (Medicare) eligibility
Types of Hingham Elder Law Planning Devices
Elder law is an umbrella term that covers several different types of law. Estate planning, financial planning, and MassHealth Law are just a few types of law involved in an elder plan. Some of the tools used in elder law planning:
· Personal Care Contracts: are legal agreements between you and a caretaker who will be paid to assist you at home. These arrangements allow you to continue living in the comfort of your own home and community. Your caretaker can be an adult child or relative.
· Wills: A will is a legal document that arranges for the distribution of your assets upon your death. Wills can also contain instructions like your preferred burial site or funeral home.
· Trusts: Trusts are a way to distribute assets before or after death. A trust is an arrangement that gives a trustee the power to hold your assets for the benefit of a beneficiary. You have full control over how the trust is set up and who the beneficiaries are.
· Durable Power of Attorney: A durable power of attorney in Massachusetts is a document that designates someone to act as an agent on your behalf. The document specifies what powers are granted to the agent, and stays in effect even if you become disabled or unable to make your own decisions.
· Guardianships: Guardianships are arrangements for your care once you become unable to make decisions for yourself. Guardians are appointed by the court and are responsible for your care. The person appointed to be in charge of your assets and finances is called a conservator.
· Nursing Home and Long –Term Care Planning: There are several nursing homes in Hingham that provide long-term residential care. The best nursing home for you can depend on if you qualify for MassHealth or veteran’s services.
Contact A Hingham Elder Law Attorney Today
It is important to plan ahead because you can never be certain when your age will start to affect your health. Hingham elder law attorneys have years of experience creating elder plans for residents of Hingham, Cohasset, Norwell and Scituate. Contact Baker Law Group now, and let our attorneys assist you in planning for your future.
Hingham Useful Links
City of Hingham – Official Website
Plymouth County – Official Website
City of Hingham – Department of Elder Services
Hingham Public Library
Map – Hingham, Massachusetts